In a fine bubble aeration system, blower pressure has to overcome the total of all static and dynamic back pressures including height of water, energy losses due to friction, energy losses due to bends & valves, changes in water level and condition of the diffusers.
These factors change over time and are hard to control. Therefore, even very small changes will have a significant influence on the air distribution.
This is exactly where the VACOMASS® concept can be applied: Each VACOMASS® system continuously monitors the local air supply and can immediately detect the smallest deviation from the setpoint. The local control immediately intervenes and compensates for any external disturbances of the air distribution.
The system integration guarantees optimal interaction of the components and ensures the transmission of important data for the operation of the whole control system, even for complex installations.
The VACOMASS® jet control valve is an innovative, flow-optimized stainless steel control valve that closes gas-tight and offers a linear operating characteristic over virtually the entire operating range. The valve has been developed and optimized specifically for high precision air control and distribution with minimal pressure loss, resulting in comparatively low operating costs.
In terms of control range and product quality, this development represents a milestone in the evolution of air control valves and fittings. It is unique and with worldwide patent applications.
Other features include:
- A central control axis with actuator for sensitive control of air supply with 360° free-flow annular orifice – allows the installation of the air flow meter ½ D directly in front of the control valve
- Stroke adjustment takes place in the direction of flow: this means the flow remains attached to the wall, thereby facilitating rapid and effective pressure recovery with extremely low pressure loss – saves energy costs
- In most cases the valve can be fitted directly in the pipe without pipe reduction/expansion – saves installation costs
- The flow in the Venturi outlet is homogeneous, so that the first drop leg to a diffuser grid can be located directly behind the valve – improves the process
- The required (measurement and) control section is comparatively short – the ideal prerequisite for retrofitting in existing installations